We can upgrade your opener or repair your current one if it’s broken.
We would be happy to go through all of the openers with you to see which one will meet your needs.
Features Available on Smart Openers
These days garage door openers do more than just open and close your door. They come with a large selection of convenient features that we’re sure you’ll enjoy. Some of the features available:
- MyQ Connectivity: This feature connects your garage door to your smartphone
- Homelink: This feature is currently only available on Guardian openers and connects your garage door to your Homelink enabled vehicle
- Built-in Wi-Fi: This great feature allows you to control your garage door from anywhere you have an internet connect, even if you’re hundreds of miles away
- Battery backup: A few of our openers come with a battery backup which allows you to operate your garage door in a power outage
Different Types of Garage Door Openers
There are what seems like an endless amount of openers on the market today. You might be wondering how you’ll ever know which one is right for you. We have put together this guide to help you sort through the most common 4 openers:
- Chain drive opener: This operates with a chain that rotates on the rail. It’s strong, reliable, cost-effective, and noisy
- Belt drive opener: This is similar to a chain drive but uses a belt instead of a chain. It’s whisper quiet and a good option if you have a room above the garage
- Screw drive opener: This works by rotating a large screw rod down the rail. It’s a good option if you have heavy, reinforced doors
- Wall mount opener: This opener opens up the vertical space in your garage because it’s placed on the wall beside your door. It’s a good option if you have cathedral ceilings and is also the quietest opener on the market
What Should I Do If My Opener Breaks?
Sometimes an opener can break if the circuit board goes out or if the gears are worn down. We can help you see if your opener is still under warranty or if the parts are still covered. If not we can come out and repair your opener for you. If the cost of repair is more than a new opener we would recommend you just upgrade your opener.
Call Us for Garage Door Opener Help
First Rate Garage Door is standing by to help you out with your opener. Our team can help repair your current one or upgrade to that feature rich opener you’ve had your eyes on. For service in Dallas, Texas give us a call today!